Share this:

One of the biggest challenges you face as a small business owner and entrepreneur is finding effective ways to appeal to your target audience. Any experienced digital marketing company will tell you that in order to attract the right people, you need to convey the right message. If you spend too much time marketing to the wrong demographic, you’re essentially flushing your time—and your money—down the drain. 

…Who’s got time for that? Not me, I’ll tell you that much. 

To successfully appeal to your target audience, you need to first figure out how to properly market your products and/or services to them. In this article, I’m going to be discussing three easy (and free) ways you can reach your target market more effectively.


…While you’re here, don’t forget to register for my FREE online Masterclass training, ‘Teach Me The Tax Game’ and learn how to increase your income as a professional tax preparer, and potentially make $100K in just 90 days!


How To Appeal To Your Target Audience


The amount of meaningful exposure your business gets depends a lot on how good you are at connecting with your target audience. Branding and marketing play a pivotal role in the overall success of your business. 

Before everything else, you need to have a better understanding of your customers.

How do you do that? You can start by creating a consumer or buyer persona. A consumer persona is a generalized depiction of what your ideal buyers look like. You list their psychographic and demographic information to gain a better insight into your target audience. Once you’ve done that, you start marketing your services and/or products only to people who are most likely to be interested in them. 

Simply put, more leads equal more conversions, which helps you increase your bottom line while investing less. 

Next, here are three great ways to appeal to your target audience.


1: Lead With Emotions


There is no better way to connect with someone, or a group of people, than by leading with your emotions. As humans, it’s our human nature to be more easily influenced when there are feelings involved. 

For example, if you own a virtual tax preparation business, you’re more likely to appeal to your target audience by showing them images and reviews of satisfied customers, rather than listing a ton of statistics and data that support your company.

So, when in doubt, always appeal to people’s emotions.


2: Put An Emphasis On Time


One of the most valuable weapons you can use for communicating your brand’s values is time. As people only seem to get busier and busier, they have less time and are becoming increasingly more impatient. As such, consumers are happy to listen to anyone who can help them save more of it doing things they love.


3: Communicate Your Brand Values


It can sometimes be challenging to differentiate your services and/or products from the sea of competitors out there. For this reason, it really pays off to focus on the areas of your business you can control—like your core brand values.

The values your brand epitomizes are what separates it from others, and actively discussing them with your target audience is a great way to establish a connection with your core audience.

It’s also important that you’re constantly working on your brand image and identifying ways to make it better. This is super important when trying to appeal to your target audience. The way consumers view your brand ultimately dictates whether or not they’ll become paying clients or not.

Bonus Tip: Don’t Be Too ‘Salesy’


I don’t know about you, but I hate when a business is always trying to sell you something. 

Please, if you want to appeal to a broader audience, don’t over-sell them. When creating content, stick to the 80/20 rule. That is, 80% of your content should be made up of valuable information with no sales pitches; leaving 20% to actively discuss your services and products.


Get Help From A Branding Expert


Goodbye to the days when businesses dictated the speed and audiences followed suit. In 2023, business is an active two-way conversation between a brand and its target audience. Hopefully, these pointers give you a head start on your branding efforts.

And, sometimes it’s just best to speak with a business coach. If you’ve been looking for ways to appeal to your target audience and elevate your brand, I can help. Starting with my exclusive online training, “Learn How To Build A Brand That Dominates” where I teach you everything you need to know to create and maintain a strong brand.

So, what are you waiting for? Don’t sleep on this opportunity. Contact my team today and let’s build something together.


…Don’t forget to register for my FREE online Masterclass training, ‘Teach Me The Tax Game’ and learn how to become a professional tax preparer, and potentially make $100K in just 90 days!


Discover the Wealth Building Secrets That Made Me a Millionaire!

Share this: