Twitter has become the world’s social media giant – agree or not? It’s evidenced by hundreds of millions of daily users. However, in the early days and even today there are a large amount of users who are not skilled enough to use Twitter. Is it hard? No, it is not. It is just that some people do not want to read basic Twitter guidelines and they spend hundreds of hours on Facebook instead.
Twitter is all about communicating. As Steven Hughes wrote in his blog, “Twitter is a different animal. Twitter is a grind.” You are required to use various tools to enhance your overall Twitter experience. Twitter is used in different ways, from different locations, in a specific time. So it’s impossible to visit Twitter.com every time to post something you want to share.
41 Things to Improve Your Overall Twitter Experience
Use High Quality Twitter Tools & Clients!
I can’t remember when was the last time I visited my Twitter.com profile. I’m posting, retweeting, discussing through different tools, here are 5 most popular tools I use to manage my profile:
Be Smart, Know Your Niche, Post Better
Nobody loves spammers. You need High-quality posts. Two good Tweets are better than hundred bad ones.
7. Be specific do not Tweet about everything.
8. Create Twitter lists! Separate people you follow.
9. Create your own Blog, share your opinions.
10. Share links from other websites
11. Join conversations.
Get More Followers!
You have started using Twitter to share your opinions or to promote your products. Followers are primary currency here.
12. Interact with your potential followers as a guest poster on other people blogs.
13. Use and create Hashtags when posting your Tweets!
14. Consistently share high-quality content
15. Monitor Twitter trends join discussions.
16. Follow the people with same bio you have.
Get More ReTweets!
No Retweets means no followers. You need Retweets to increase your overall reputation and number of followers.
17. Cultivate relationships – this will surely bring more Retweets!
18. Use famous hashtags!
19. Share content of other people
20. Write descriptive headlines
21. Avoid errors in typing because people will not retweet your mistakes.
Analyze Your Twitter Engagement With Some of These Tools
Sometimes later when you gain around thousand or more followers you will probably want to analyze your twitter account more deeply. These tools will surely help you.
22. Klout – Measure your social media influence (Twitter included)
23. Sprout Social – Expensive but effective!
24. Tweetalyzer – Some really good search analytics.
25. TweetStats – Graph your Tweets by hour, month.
26. Twitter grader – Find out how influential you are.
What Already Developed Twitter Users Do
Those already experienced use Twitter on a daily basis for various needs.
27. Tweet like crazy during events (e.g. All football matches have their #hashtags)
28. Use Twitter for news (Learn to search important keywords)
29. Retweet your high-quality posts
30. Share your content on multiple platforms
31. Scheduling posts with Buffer, HootSuite and similar tools.
Tools to Remove Unwanted Users and Posts – Stay Clean!
It’s very important to have your account clean of unwanted followers, spammers, bad Tweets etc. Those tools will help you with that problem.
33. Who.Unfollowed. Me
Connect Your Phone/Tablet with Twitter and go Mobile
Huge percentage of users are depending cell phones and tablets as primary Twitter clients. These are some of the most famous mobile clients:
37. TweetCaster (TweetCaster for Android and TweetCaster for iOS)
38. TweetDeck (TweetDeck for Android and TweetDeck for iOS) Looks like Twitter is slowelly killing TweetDeck apps after acquiring it.
39. Flipboard (Flipboard for Android and Flipboard for iOS)
40. Official Twitter Client (For Android and iOS)
41. HootSuite (HootSuite for Android and HootSuite for iOS)
Twitter is a unique social network on the internet. Unlike Facebook and Google+, it’s not straight forward. It looks easy, but it’s not. Once you grasp all Twitter tips and tricks you will become Twitter expert in a short time. I hope some of these tips helped you. Feel that something missing? Share it with me.
[listly id=”56R” layout=”full”]
Thanks for Sharing 41 Great tools,services and apps for twitter, These tools are just awesome, I am using some of them!
Thank U for including my post Annetta 🙂
You put together a great resource covering everything you need to do.
People think success on Twitter comes easy, and in reality it takes work. and real success on Twitter isn’t just getting more tweets.. tweets without real traffic to your blog or website is a waste.
Relationships and tweets and traffic is what it is all about.
Thank you John for the comment. I can see from your daily Tweets that how much engagement you are having with your followers. I would say making relationships and engagement are more important and traffic is just a bonus.
I am not really into Twitter. But this year, one of my goals is to be more active in Twitter both for business and personal purposes.
Thanks for this detailed post. I’ve recently switched PC’s and totally forgot to install the Buffer plugin for Mozilla.
I also use TweetDeck a lot, mostly for hashtag searches and mentions.
And Triberr is great. I’ve noticed a huge increase in traffic from Twitter since I started using Triberr.
Wanted to ask you, what do you think of using TweetAdder to get more followers? Have you had any experience with this tool?
Have a great day Annetta, cheers.
Thanks for sharing this. I am a newbie in twitter.
@ Nishant Srivastava:
Sounds great Nishant! Thanks for your feedback 😀
@ Sarah Park:
You should Sarah. Twitter is another valuable social media tool for you and your business. Good luck! 😀
Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in web explorer, would check this?
IE still is the marketplace leader and a huge component of folks will miss your excellent
writing because of this problem.
Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.|
After looking over a few of the blog posts on your web page, I really like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and tell me what you think.|
Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my website =). We will have a hyperlink change arrangement between us|
I got this website from my friend who told me on the topic of this web page and at the moment this time I am visiting this website and reading very informative articles or reviews at this time.|